Saturday, November 19, 2011

RED BURGUNDY HAIR!!!

Ive been wanting to dye my hair red for a while now....I FINALLY did it. After finally figuring out how to get the color shade i wanted. especially the tone of red that would compliment my skin tone. im not a pro so it took me a few trys. I knew that i wanted my red to be a deep tone, not a bright red like rhiannas. it just wasnt for me. so anyway, this is what i did.....First i stripped my hair of whatever dye i already had. after an 1hr i washed it off and deep conditioned my hair. I let it dry...after it was fully dried i than used 3 bottles of  Light Burgundy Brown by Ion with a 20 volume developer. I let that set for 45min. washed it off and deep conditioned my hair AGAIN. Let my hair fully dry once more. after dying my hair, i still wasnt satisfied with it cause it still wasnt the exact color i wanted....SOOOO i brought back up just incase. I purchased Manic Panic in vampire red...placed that all over, let it set for 1hr....Now this one is only a semi-permanant hair dye...which will fade gradually after each wash. which i didnt mind. BUT im in love with the end result!!! it came out to the perfect shade for me. :D
Maybe i couldve done the steps differently, but this is what worked for me. im listing the products and price of what i used down below...along with pics of the finished look :D




5RV Light Burgundy Brown By: ION color brilliance creme hair color
Price: 4.49 each Club member price (I bought 3 boxes)





Ion Sensitive scalp developer 20 volume
Price: 2.49 8oz enough for 3 boxes of hair dye




Manic Panic in Vampire Red Semi-Permanant Hair dye
 will fade gradually after each wash.
 Price: 8.49 I bought 2 -4oz each




For stripping hair of its color...
Price: 9.99 i had to get 3...my hair is pretty long and thick :D




(All products were purchased at Sallys Beauty store)



I ended up spending a little over 50 dollars.....this might seem expensive. but not as expensive as going to the salon and getting charged over 100 dollars cause of the length of my hair. so this was money well spent. :D

                                                                             Before
                                                     


                                                                               After
Depending on the lighting it will look either brighter as pictured above or darker as pictured below....Im in love with this color!!!
                                                           Now i match my walls!! lol

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! That color is lovely on you. :)

    I just bought the light burgundy brown ion color brilliance dye, with 20 developer. I'm not going for as purple/pink as the tones in your hair in the light, but your pics make me very excited.

    ReplyDelete